We are in the process of compiling a list of events for the 2020 flying season.
If you have any events you would like posted e-mail:
UPCOMING 2020 EVENTS…
- January 25: SMA Safety Seminar-AGING PILOTS. How to stay safe as time marches forward? Sanford Seacoast Airport (KSFM). 10-Noon. Bring your favorite hot and spicy creation for the Five-Alarm Cook-off following the seminar. $7 donation to go to a local charity.
- January 26: 18th Annual SOUP SUNDAY. 11:30-2PM.
Wiscasset Municipal Airport (KIWI).
Bring soup or dessert although it is not required. This is a free event but donations to your MAA are always appreciated! Snow or Shine. If in doubt about the event due to wx contact Lisa above or the KIWI FBO at 882-5475
- February 15 (wx date 16): The 13th annual Maine Aviation
Forum. Owls Head Transportation Museum (KRKD).
This is a gathering of various aviation organizations and leaders who come together to share ideas, concerns and to coordinate state-wide flying events. This is open to all. For more information or if you would like to make a brief presentation on behalf of your organization, business or interest contact Duke (No later than Feb 1) at email@example.com
- February 15: 10th Annual Bowman Field Flying Club Ski Plane Fly-In (B10). 10-2PM. Food and Fun. FMI: 207-897-5104.
Bowman 2019 Flyer
- March 14: 20th Annual “Wicked Good” Chili Cook-Off & Safety Seminar. Wiscasset Municipal Airport (KIWI). Hangar 8
Registration 9:30am – Seminar 10am – Cook Off at Noon
Bring chili and via for the top prize and bragging rights
BEST CHILI in 3 categories: Hot & Spicy/Vegetarian/Best Overall
April 18: AOPA Rusty Pilot Seminar Sugarloaf Regional Airport in Carrabassett Valley (B21). 9am-12pm. Hangar 4. It is FREE for AOPA Members. Non-members are encouraged to join for $79. If elect not to become members of AOPA, the rate for the seminar is $79.
Matthew Ward-Bigelow Aviation
Once the calendar is compiled (after the FebruaryForum) and updated–the calendar then e-mailed to MAA members
and posted here on the website. It is also frequently updated
and send to the membership list as events and programs pop-up.
If you have an event that you would like listed, contact:
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Fly safe and often!